AE Gets In on the Festival Action With New York's Meadows Music Event
American Eagle Outfitters (AEO) is expanding its passion for connecting its stylish fans with the music they love by teaming up with Live Nation and Founders Entertainment to launch a multi-faceted marketing initiative for the 2017 Meadows Music and Arts Festival. From featuring exclusive festival apparel and offering an interactive Studio & Lounge for festival goers on-site to launching a national sweepstakes, this integration with The Meadows allows AEO to expand its footprint in the live music realm.
The second annual edition of The Meadows, named "Best NYC Festival of 2016" by Stereogum, will take place from Fri., Sept. 15, through Sun., Sept. 17, at the Citi Field complex in Queens, N.Y., with performances from world renowned artists including JAY-Z, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Gorillaz, Joey Bada$$, Future, Nas, Bassnectar, Weezer, Run The Jewels, M.I.A., Erykah Badu and more.
Key elements of the sponsorship include:
- Festival merchandise: AEO is The Meadows' official apparel partner. The exclusive capsule collection of merchandise, co-designed by Founders and AEO, will be available on-site at the festival and will include a variety of AEO apparel including: t-shirts, hats, denim jackets, and more. Check out the new merchandise here.
- AEO exclusive merchandise, in-store and online: Merchandise is a hot commodity at The Meadows, and fans flock to snag the customized apparel before it sells out. Now, fans have the special opportunity to outfit themselves in festival gear before they even arrive on-site. Beginning on August 24, online and in select AEO retail stores in New York City and Los Angeles, exclusive co-branded "AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS X THE MEADOWS MUSIC AND ARTS FESTIVAL" merchandise will be available. Visit the AEO Meadows Collection for men and women to shop online.
- American Eagle Outfitters Stage: The Meadows welcomes the American Eagle Outfitters Stage, featuring performances by Joey Bada$$, Milky Chance, A-Trak and more. Check out the full line-up and set times here.
- AEO Studio & Lounge: Festival goers will have the opportunity to take the ultimate selfie and chill out in AEO's denim-inspired pop-up video studio & lounge. Exclusive denim cuffs will be handed out as well. After stepping into the 360-degree video booth, images will be shared on large screens in the lounge giving visitors a few moments in the spotlight as well as creating a larger-than-life backdrop for even more social opportunities. Fans can then share their images via #AExMEADOWS.
- National Sweepstakes: One lucky fan will have an opportunity to win the grand prize that includes: 2 VIP 3-day festival tickets, round trip airfare, hotel accommodations, meet and greet with a select festival artist, $500 in AEO gift cards and more. All eligible sweepstakes entrants will receive a 20% AEO coupon to use in store or at ae.com through October 1, 2017.* For full sweepstakes rules, and more details on how to enter, click here.