Cegid Partners with Microsoft to Launch Worldwide Cloud
Cegid, a global provider of cloud services and management software, has announced the launch of its global cloud for the retail industry. The new cloud solution, powered by Microsoft’s Azure platform, will be available in Europe in March 2017 and in North America during the second half of the year.
The company has been working with retailers for over 25 years, developing solutions designed to help them run their retail operations. With its Yourcegid Retail Y2 solution, Cegid constantly adapts to technological, business and regulatory developments that impact retailers and their business activities.
Yourcegid Retail Y2 is a modular, integrated and customer-centric solution retailers can use to:
- execute omnichannel retail strategy;
- ensure fast and flexible management of their store networks, regardless of where their stores are located in the world;
- optimize supply chain and inventory ;
- digitize all the consumer touch points and provide a unified commerce experience;
- provide an enhanced customer experience and boost customer loyalty.
Retailers rely on a business model that tends to work in fits and starts, including new store openings, redefining assortments, international rollouts. In addition, compliance with new security requirements affecting strategic data has become a major issue in the retail industry.
Benefits provided by the partnership include the availability of Point of Delivery (POD) in several strategic geographic areas around the world, ensuring optimal use of Yourcegid Retail solutions worldwide, regardless of where retailers are headquartered or their stores located.
The Yourcegid Retail Y2 solution currently offers businesses various benefits:
- the option of opening new stores quickly and easily throughout the world and expanding their retail network by freeing them from the operational constraints of their information and management systems so they can better focus on their core business;
- the solution meets their cyber security needs by providing an architecture capable of storing strategic data in a secure cloud;
- their business activities are supported throughout the year, even during the busiest periods thanks to a fully scalable approach;
- retailers can easily incorporate and consolidate regulatory changes applicable in each country.