The smart directory developed by eBay Inc. for the Simon Innovation Group, elevates the shopping experience by providing consumers with a suite of services, including point-to-point navigation and personalized offers and deals.
The solution grants retailers a way to encourage shopper visits to their stores while also providing eBay and Simon with important customer feedback on how to better serve their needs. Shoppers enjoy an interactive and personal experience to seamlessly navigate their shopping. Features of the new digital directory include:
- A 72" LCD, full HD, all-weather touchscreen viewable in direct sunlight
- Mall maps available in 3D view, with accurate orientation of the shopper within the mall to their exact location, including the direction he/she is facing
- The option to browse through the interactive map, events, services and store deals, also allowing a shopper to search for what they are looking for by touching multiple categories (food, services, retail, restroom, etc.)
- Upon selection of a specific store or service needed, the interactive map will highlight its location and the best route
- The shopper can then push the directions to their mobile phone and follow the recommended path to their selected store (International mobile numbers are accepted)
- A "today" button that highlights events and deals happening on that specific day
- Handicap feature allows the shopper to shift the orientation of the map and menu, creating a more easily accessible experience
At the NRF Big Show Gayatri Patel will describe how eBay's latest innovations are designed to keep pace with changing shopper habits. The director of global data infrastructure for the online retailer will be joined on stage by Eric Singleton, CIO, Chico's Inc. and Sahal Laher, EVP and CIO, Brooks Brothers to discuss where and how technology can and is being used to capture “digital touch-points” and how to better engage and interact with today’s anywhere, anytime consumer.
The Exhibitor Big Ideas — Changing Face of Loyalty Marketing session will take place Monday January 12, 3:00-4:00 pm in the Level 3 Expo Hall, Big Ideas Room 4.