Famous Footwear Launches New Loyalty Program to Capture Digital Shoppers
Famous Footwear has launched a new loyalty program aimed at creating a more personal and relevant experience for customers, as well as encouraging digital commerce.
Dubbed Famously YOU Rewards, the program was built on insights from extensive customer research to focus on what customers want most in their loyalty program. The first new benefit the retailer rolled out – free shipping for online orders, every day for all members with no minimum – encourages the program’s more than 11 million active members to shop across channels. To further reward cross-channel purchase, the prgram awards members bonus points when they purchase online or engage in the retailer’s app. Additionally, the program offers flexible redemption, with the ability to create and redeem Reward Cash anytime, whether shopping in stores or in the retailer’s website or app.
“We saw a significant opportunity to improve how we connect with our customers,” said Molly Adams, president of Famous Footwear. “We’re increasing our focus on customer loyalty to ensure members feel valued, are rewarded with our best savings, and receive communications that are more engaging,”
Famously YOU Rewards is free to join and members of the retailer’s Famous Footwear Rewards program have been automatically transitioned into the new program. The retailer noted members-only promotions and additional benefits will be launched throughout the year.
In addition to free shipping and new bonus point earning opportunities, members benefit from:
- The opportunity to earn points for every dollar spent – the more a customer spends, the more rewards they earn
- Reward Cash, which has a new name driven by customers who perceived a more tangible and immediate understanding of the value of rewards for points earned
- The program’s two-tier structure, now named Star and Superstar (those who spend $200 in 12 months), with Superstars earning points 50% faster
- $5 Birthday Reward Cash and double points for purchases made during the member’s birthday month
- Early access and special sales throughout the year
- Bonus points days throughout the year, giving members more opportunities to build points faster
- Additional opportunities to be rewarded for specific behaviors, which will increase reward earning potential through points
- Support of Famous Footwear’s charitable partnerships by awarding members with double points for all purchases that include a donation to long-time partner, March of Dimes, during this Spring’s fundraising campaign