Grocery is the latest retail segment recalibrating as part of a digital transformation, spurred by consumers bringing their heightened cross-channel expectations into their weekly food shopping.
In order to adjust to the new demands of seamless customer-centric experiences, grocers are taking hard looks at their operations, the tech powering them, and the customer data that can guide them toward more profitable experiences.
Grocery Wars 2020: Major Trends Reshaping the Grocery Landscape, a webinar hosted by RIS and presented by OneView Commerce, explores:
- The slew of tech helping make anytime, anywhere shopping seamless -- and what businesses need to do make them scale
- How Kroger's shift from project-based to product-based mentality is helping the chain future-proof itself
- The importance of aligning new initiatives with a next-gen IT roadmap for ongoing evolution
- Why centralized transaction processing matters when it comes to scan-and-go adoption
- What's needed to deliver personalized and predictable shopping experiences
- How to weigh the balance of developing concepts versus evolving an existing strategy
- Why tying them your fulfillment options together is critical to an effective experience
Joining RIS' Tim Denman are Linda Palanza, CEO of OneView Commerce; Anne Johns, managing director of software solutions for Pomeroy; and Drew Whiting, director of digital Strategy and Planning for Kroger.
The full transcript is below, as well as the slides from the presentation.