Kohl’s has launched five new omnichannel and digital initiatives. Improvements include a store mode for Kohl’s mobile app, enhanced mobile payment options like Apple Pay, a seamless omnichannel shopping bag across platforms, and Visa Checkout on Kohls.com and on mobile. Kohl’s will also pilot same-day delivery in select markets.
“Kohl’s is committed to providing our customers with an easy, convenient shopping experience in a way that is personalized and engaging – no matter how each customer prefers to shop,” said Kevin Mansell, Kohl’s chairman, chief executive officer and president. “Our digital teams are continually testing new ideas and capabilities to create a world-class omnichannel experience that is seamless across devices. With each evolution, we aim to elevate our offerings for an easy, inspiring shopping experience.”
Kohl’s Top Five Omnichannel Initiatives:
1. Store Mode for Kohl’s Mobile App: A new store mode for Kohl’s mobile app will provide a more personalized experience. Customers can opt-in to store mode in the Kohl’s app to search store inventory and find in-store promotions that can be applied to their purchase, like Kohl’s Cash and percent off coupons.
2. Enhanced Mobile Payment Options: Beginning this fall, Kohl’s customers will have a new way to pay in stores with the rollout of Apple Pay, as well as the ability to use Apple Pay within the Kohl’s app. Kohl’s customers will also be able to add their Kohl’s Charge card as a form of payment within Apple Pay. Kohl’s customers will be able to complete purchases easily across all digital channels with Visa Checkout, which will be available on Kohls.com and mobile devices.
Also new this fall, Kohl’s mobile app will feature enhancements to Kohl’s mobile wallet including the option to scan and save Kohl’s gift cards and direct delivery of promotional codes. Customers can continue to browse and shop by category, easily manage and redeem their Yes2You Rewards points and scan their Kohl’s Cash and savings offers to their mobile wallet to be used in-store at checkout.
3. Omnichannel Shopping Bag: Kohl’s has bridged its digital shopping carts into one virtual shopping bag that can be accessed via smart phone, tablet or desktop. When shopping across devices, customers’ shopping bags will be automatically updated when they log into their Kohl’s account.
4. Buy Online, Pick Up in Store Across All Channels:Beginning in late September, customers will be able use their smart phone or tablet to opt to buy items online and pick them up in a Kohl’s store that is convenient to them. The option to buy online and pick up in Kohl’s stores nationwide was previously available on desktop and laptop as part of a nationwide rollout earlier this spring.
5. Redesigned Mobile Kohls.com Site and Tablet App: For consumers who shop at Kohls.com on their smart phone browser, Kohl’s will launch a redesigned Kohls.com mobile site that makes it easier for users to find what they’re looking for, as well as an improved mobile checkout experience. The Kohl’s tablet app will also have an improved look and increased functionality including integration of the Yes2You Rewards loyalty program and access to Kohl’s mobile wallet. Product detail pages and collection pages will also have a new look, allowing customers easier access to products and savings from Kohl’s.