Loblaw Companies Limited has launched a fee-based subscription pilot program called PC Insiders. The membership costs $9.99 monthly or $99 a year and offers perks across a wide range of Loblaw's in-store and e-commerce products, brands, and services.
"Our customers are looking for new ways to save time and money as they shop both in our stores and on our e-commerce sites," said Galen G. Weston, Chairman and CEO, Loblaw Companies Limited. "Many Canadians, in particular busy parents, find themselves shopping several of our brands, both online and in person. PC Insiders is our next step in making that whole experience easier and more rewarding."
PC Insiders is digital, loyalty-based, and initially targeted towards select PC Plus loyalty members who are also President's Choice Financial Mastercard cardholders. During the pilot, subscribers receive the following benefits when using their PC Financial Mastercard:
- 20% back in PC points on the essentials that families need, including diapers, infant formula, and all PC Organics products in-store and online
- 20% back in PC points on all Joe Fresh products in-store and online at joefresh.com
- 20x the PC points every day when customers shop online at beautyBOUTIQUE.ca
- Free Click & Collect pick-up service at nearly 200 locations
- Free shipping on all beautyBOUTIQUE.ca and joefresh.com purchases
- $99 PC travel credit once a year when booking a trip on pctravel.ca (annual subscriptions only).
"We are working hard to meet the changing needs of Canadians through the combined reach of our digital properties and retail network," said Weston. "Together with our customers, we are excited to see where this program might take us next."
The program launched to select PC Plus loyalty members who are also President's Choice Financial Mastercard cardholders in Ontario and British Columbia and a waiting list is available online. It begins as a pilot and will expand in 2018 to welcome additional subscribers across the country. At that time, it will be available to members of the PC Optimum loyalty program, which launches February 1, 2018. This new loyalty program combines Loblaw's existing loyalty programs, PC Plus and Shoppers Optimum, which currently have 8 million and 11 million members.