Vital Care Membership Breakdown
Vital Care launched in October 2020 and currently has 160,000 pets enrolled. The membership costs $19.99 per month and benefits can be used in-store, online, or in the Petco app.
- $15 Pals Rewards monthly for health and wellness needs
- $20 Pals Rewards for routine exams at a preferred vet or unlimited routine exams at participating Petco vet locations
- 20% off full-service grooming for dogs
- 20% off all litter for cats
- 10% off all nutrition
- An additional 5% off nutrition and litter when used with Repeat Delivery
- Coming Soon: $20 off pet boarding, dog walking, or pet sitting services on Rover.com
Petco will be highlighting its program’s benefits through a dedicated "Petconomics," marketing campaign that highlights the membership's "Great Dane-sized benefits at a Chihuahua-sized price.”
Watch a segment of the Petconomics campaign below:
Jenny Wolski, senior vice president of omnichannel experience at Petco said that over the last two years, families have welcomed millions of pets into their lives, and with inflation posing a challenge, the Vital Care program keeps financial health in mind.
"Caring for our pets shouldn't be complicated or break the bank. With benefits valued between $320 and $404 per year, plus helpful resources every step of the way, the plan saves pet parents both time and money,” said Wolski.
"With personal finances top of mind for everyone right now, clearly and cleverly illustrating the smart 'Petconomics' of a Vital Care membership for pet parents is foundational to our role as their partner in pet health and wellness," said Katie Nauman, chief marketing officer at Petco. "Looking at this membership through the lens of personal finance gave us a timely and relevant way to connect with pet parents while also reinforcing the straightforward wellness and economic upsides to enrolling."