Petco Health and Wellness, Inc. is streamlining its loyalty services, bringing over 24 million subscribers under a single, two-tier Vital Care offering. Those who are members of Petco’s Pals Rewards program will be automatically transitioned to Vital Care Core, while existing Vital Care participants will become Vital Care Premier members.
The two tiers — Vital Care Core (free) and Vital Care Premier (paid) — allow members to access resources and benefits across Petco’s 1,500 pet care centers, petco.com, and the Petco app.
Here’s a breakdown of the benefits:
Vital Care Core
- Points earned on every purchase across wellness services and products.
- Nutrition and grooming benefits, including a 10th bag of dry dog or cat food for free and an eighth groom for free.
- A dashboard on petco.com and in the Petco app where members can manage their pets' health and wellness and stay up to date with their care plan and monthly wellness checklist.
Vital Care Premier
- Increased savings across grooming, vet services, nutrition, and supplies.
- Tailored plans based on pet type:
- Cats and Dogs: $19.99 per month for one animal. Pet parents receive unlimited routine vet exams at a Petco vet or vet of choice, 20% off all dog grooming sessions or cat litter purchases, 10% off nutrition and $15 Vital Care Rewards each month.
- Companion Animals: $9.99 per month for one bird, fish, reptile, or small pet. Pet parents receive 20% off nutrition and supplies, 20% off future new pet purchases, and $5 Vital Care Rewards each month.
- A dedicated, exclusive member help line.
Members also receive custom-made pet care reminders for food purchases and can set up vet and grooming appointments using the personalized Petco app dashboard.
[Read Also: Petco Health and Wellness Launches Farm & Pet Supply Pet Centers]
According to Petco, existing Pals members who unlock nutrition and grooming benefits increase their store visits by 50% and spend 40% more on pet products and services compared to non-members.
"Building on the strength of our existing two membership offerings, by bringing them together under Vital Care, we're making it even easier for customers to understand and maximize the program offerings to provide their pets with the best possible care and get the most value from Petco," said Jenny Wolski, senior vice president of omnichannel customer experience at Petco, in a statement.
Wolski added that pet parents are looking for seamless, one-stop shopping, as well as personalized advice on supporting their pets' health and wellness.
“A Vital Care membership gives them all of that and more — including exclusive savings on products and services across our differentiated omnichannel ecosystem, which no other membership offers," said Wolski.
Petco has been working on expanding its Vital Care loyalty program, which launched in October of 2020, over the past year. Last March, the company announced it was launching an affiliate program that allows employees and customers of retail partners to use Vital Care rewards, working across several brands including Rover.com, the San Diego Padres, Companion Protect, Central Garden & Pet, and more.