RIS News Announces Competition for Analytics Startups
To help retailers acquire start-up attributes to match the competitive moves made by Target, Walmart and Amazon, RIS News and CGT (Consumer Goods Technology) are launching the Genesis Awards to recognize and support analytic technology start-ups.
The Genesis Awards will celebrate start-ups and recognize the winner of the contest at the Retail and Consumer Goods Analytics Summit (RCAS) on April 25 in Chicago in front of more than 200 senior-level executives from the largest and most influential retail and consumer goods companies in the world. Companies already registered for the Summit include Walmart, Coca Cola, 7-Eleven, Procter & Gamble, Ulta Beauty, Mars, Ace Hardware, Hershey, Sears, Kimberly-Clark, Hallmark Cards, Mondelez, True Value, PepsiCo, Wakefern, Johnson & Johnson, and Crate & Barrel.
“This is an outstanding opportunity for a start-up to get exposure you literally can’t buy," says Albert Guffanti, brand director of CGT. “Our audience is extremely interested in groundbreaking developments in analytics because the right tools can literally change a company’s future. Between the editorial coverage and the live presentations, it’s an opportunity start-ups should not pass up.”
The Genesis Award winner will receive extensive editorial coverage in RIS News and CGT, which have a combined circulation of more than 88,000. In addition to a global press release and high-profile pitch in front of Summit attendees, the top start-ups will speak in a general session on the closing day.
Other opportunities include:
- Free registration to attend the Retail & Consumer Goods Analytics Summit, an invitation-only event, and get real-time feedback from key executives.
- The opportunity for a live demo in front of more than 200+ top retail and CG executives.
- Industry-wide exposure of the participants’ videos through dedicated promotion by RIS News and CGT.
- A social media opportunity to engage stakeholders
Entrants submit a brief video about their innovative solution, and a combination of crowd-sourced “likes” plus judges’ votes will determine the select group of start-ups advancing to the next round. Semi-finalists will present their solutions live at the Summit in four-minute segments to retailers and consumer goods executives. The judges will select the top three finalists and the audience will vote for the 2018 Genesis Award Winner. The top three vote getters will speak in a session on the closing day of the Summit (a value of $40,000).
Genesis Award Program Rules and Criteria
The Genesis Award program judging panel will assess each submission for its success in the following areas:
- Does the solution fill a practical business need?
- Will the solution lead to real value?
- Is the solution unique?
- Is the solution innovative, creative or advanced?
To enter the competition, start-ups must meet the following criteria:
- In business less than three years
- Operate as a standalone company
- Annual revenue less than $5 million
- Fewer than 50 employees
- Secured no more than three rounds of funding of less than $10 million
- Offer a solution that gathers, analyzes or uses data in a new way to gain insight, increase sales or reduce costs
To find out more about the Genesis Awards program and the Retail and Consumer Goods Analytics Summit, visit http://www.consumergoods.com/genesis-awards.