In this episode of Tech Transformation, we sit down with Seth Goldman, co-founder of Eat the Change, Honest Tea, and PLNT Burger, to break down some of the differences of innovating in a startup vs. a giant company. We talk about what it’s like trying to balance conscious consumption with making a profit in the food space, and we discuss greenwashing in the industry.
Topics discussed with Goldman, who also sits on the board of Beyond Meat:
- What it’s like for Goldman being back in a more start-up, entrepreneurial role, and those "hindsight is 20/20" moments he’s drawing from
- Why launching a kid’s version of Honest Tea was so impactful and how he’s using that perspective now
- The differences between re-doing food and un-doing food, and what’s required to be successful
- The making of Eat the Change’s newest product innovation, Cosmic Carrot Chews
- How companies can balance greenwashing with the value of achieving incremental progress
- The challenge and importance of balancing conscious consumption with operating and generating profits in the food space