Walgreens has relaunched its customer loyalty program as part of its mass personalization efforts and rolled out 30 minute pickup.
The drugstore retailer’s renovated loyalty program, dubbed myWalgreens, now offers one percent Walgreens Cash rewards storewide, five percent Walgreens Cash rewards on Walgreens branded products, and “Only for you” exclusive deals.
Customers can also shop online and on a fully-redesigned mobile app for health and wellness items, and then pick them up in the store, curbside or at the drive-thru in as little as 30 minutes (Orders are not guaranteed to be ready within the 30-minute time window). For Walgreens store locations that are not open 24 hours, orders must be placed at least one hour prior to store closing in order to be eligible.
Current Walgreens Balance Rewards members can transfer their membership to myWalgreens at mywalgreens.com until January 31, 2021.
“As America’s community pharmacy, Walgreens is delivering an unparalleled experience to help customers and patients manage their health and wellbeing during the most severe health crisis of our lifetimes,” said John Standley, Walgreens president. “As always, our more than 25,000 community pharmacists remain at the core of our offering. Our pharmacists and patient care teams do far more than just filling prescriptions – they provide trusted advice, personalized support and a vast range of services.”
The debut marks another milestone in the company’s digital transformation. Walgreens has been working with Microsoft, Adobe and Epsilon to develop highly-personalized experiences. Its mobile app now features a 24/7 pharmacy chat, access to find and book medical care and vaccination appointments, personalized health and wellness advice, real-time flu alerts and more. The previous version of the app has been downloaded more than 65 million times.
Digitally myWalgreens members can:
- Shop a full assortment of more than 27,000 items
- Add a payment method to their digital wallet for faster contactless checkout
- Redeem Walgreens Cash rewards instantly at checkout
- Choose digital receipts for quick contactless checkout and to track purchases
- Earn bonus Walgreens Cash rewards for achieving health goals
- Receive daily, personalized recommendations for health and wellness, as well as real-time local environment and health forecasts
- Donate their Walgreens Cash rewards to charity (the eligible charity organizations will rotate, beginning with the Full Plate Project, a program of Comic Relief U.S.’ Red Nose Day which works to end child poverty)