Within this immersive experience, visitors can access a virtual store of merchandise for avatars, in addition to a virtual Ferris Wheel that provides an overview glance of Walmart Land. They will also be able to unlock tokens and badges by playing several games and entering competitions.
These events include:
- Electric Island: Electric Island is inspired by music festivals and includes an interactive piano walkway, a dance challenge, a Netflix trivia experience featuring Noah Schnapp and a DJ booth where users can learn to mix different beats.
- House of Style: Features several interactive experiences like a virtual dressing room, a strike-a-pose challenge, an oversized cosmetics obstacle course, and a roller-skating rink. Visitors will be able to access products from af94, UOMA by Sharon C., ITK by Brooklyn & Bailey, Lottie London, Bubble, and more.
- Electric Fest: Launching in October, this is a motion-capture concert celebration featuring performances from artists such as Madison Beer, Kane Brown, and YUNGBLUD.
Universe of Play
Visitors will be able to explore several toy worlds where they can earn coins for virtual goods or complete challenges to build a personal trophy case.
This world includes:
- Games: Five games with experiences tied to products and characters from L.O.L. Surprise!, Jurassic World, Paw Patrol, Magic Mixies. and Razor Scooters.
- Rewards: Participants can collect virtual toys to earn coins redeemable for their avatar merch. A Walmart blimp regularly drops toys throughout the experience.
- Adventures: Universe of Play will feature e-mobility items like hoverboards, which an avatar can use to travel through the universe faster. A Sharper Image drone will also help them travel the toy world.
”We’re showing up in a big way – creating community, content, entertainment and games through the launch of Walmart Land and Walmart’s Universe of Play,” said William White, chief marketing officer, Walmart U.S. “Roblox is one of the fastest growing and largest platforms in the metaverse, and we know our customers are spending loads of time there. So, we’re focusing on creating new and innovative experiences that excite them, something we’re already doing in the communities where they live, and now, the virtual worlds where they play.”