- Netflix boasts 125 million paid streaming video subscribers around the globe, including 56 million subscribers in the U.S.
- Netflix has members in over 190 countries.
- Having added 5.15 million subscribers in the three months ending June 30, 2018, Netflix failed to meet Wall Street expectations as well as its own forecast given in April. The company missed its growth targets by roughly half a million subscribers both in the United States and internationally, bringing its subscriber total to 130.1 million by the end of the second quarter.
- Netflix fully migrated its content over to Amazon Web Services in 2016, a project that took 7 years to complete.
- Despite spending more than it’s bringing in, Netflix hit a market value of $151 billion in May 2018 – more than Disney and Comcast.
- Netflix expects to release around 80 original films in 2018 and will have around 700 original TV shows on the service worldwide this year.
- In 2016, there were an approximate 23.6 million Amazon Prime Video subscribers in North America. This figure is projected to increase to 46.3 million in 2020, according to Statistic.
- Amazon.com Inc’s top television shows drew more than 5 million people worldwide to its Prime shopping club by early 2017.
- Prime Originals account for as much as a quarter of what analysts estimate to be total Prime sign-ups from late 2014 to early 2017.
Amazon Prime Video