The seventh annual RIS News’ CIO of the Year Awards is less than a month away.
The yearly event will once again take place at the Retail Executive Summit, held in Scottsdale, AZ, and honor retail’s most influential and innovative. In addition to the annual award program, RIS will be launching its Hall of Fame at the event and will be inducting three members to the Hall.
The Hall is open to retailers, analysts and vendors alike. It honors individuals that have embodied innovation, pioneered strategies and introduced leading-edge technologies over long and distinguished careers.
Another key enhancement to this year’s awards is the unveiling of an overarching CIO of the Year Award. The award is bestowed upon a retail CIO who led a major project in his/her organization that advanced the retailer’s business performance, technological capabilities, and competitive position in the marketplace over the past year.
In addition, three retailer Tech Leader Awards will be presented in the categories of:
- Innovation. Awarded to a senior-level retail IT professional who led a major project involving advanced or emerging technology that successfully delivered ROI top-line growth, bottom-line savings, and/or increased customer satisfaction.
- Strategic Impact. Awarded to a senior-level retail IT professional who led a major project that is advancing the organization in a new direction, market, channel or technology arena.
- Customer Engagement. Awarded to the senior-level retail IT professional who led a project that significantly enhanced customer engagement, satisfaction, functionality and/or services.
Below are the finalists for the CIO of the Year, the Tech Leader Awards, as well as the three individuals being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
CIO of the Year:
- Faisal Masud, CTO, CIO, CDO, Staples
- Rik Reitmaier, CIO – Nashville divisions, Genesco
Tech Leader Award, Innovation:
- Ashlee Aldridge, SVP & CIO, DSW
- Clifton Dillman, CIO, Family Express Corporation
- Scott Emmons, Head of Innovation Lab, Neiman Marcus
- Edward Park, SVP, Guess Jeans
Tech Leader Award, Strategic Impact:
- Fred Bailey, CIO, Paper Source
- Mike Frazzini, CTO, eBags
- Alexandra Lyons, Strategic Technology Team Leader, University of Oregon, Duck Stores
- Adam Saper, Managing Partner, Eataly
Tech Leader Award, Customer Engagement:
- Rosalee Hermens, SVP & CIO, True Value
- Stephen Jackson, VP & CIO, Harry Rosen
- Rob Mills, SVP & CIO, Tractor Supply Company
RIS Hall of Fame Inaugural Inductees:
- Vicki Cantrell
- Dick Mader
- Michael Relich
The awards will be presented during a gala dinner at the Retail Executive Summit, June 14-16, at the Four Season Resort, Scottsdale, AZ. Click here for more information and to register for the event