Zebra Technologies Corporation, a market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time visibility, announced Savanna, a fundamental building-block platform for accelerating enterprise asset intelligence and the digital transformation of enterprise operations.
With the continued adoption of mobility and the Internet of Things (IoT), the edge of enterprise operations are increasingly connected. This unprecedented, growing level of connectivity is generating vast amounts of actionable data about processes and assets that can be leveraged to transform workflows to improve business performance and outcomes. Savanna provides a means for Zebra, its partners and customers to build applications that make use of this edge data in near real-time to mobilize insight and actions that deliver new levels of service, productivity and profitability.
- Savanna is comprised of IoT end-point connectivity, configuration management, data transport, data storage, analytics and machine learning components.
- With enhanced and secure device connectivity, Savanna gives organizations the power to gain insights at the edge of its operations ― ensuring the right data is available to the right people at the right time.
- Zebra has launched an early adopter program, selecting five partners to facilitate the development of vertically-oriented applications using edge data and associated insights: Baidu Cloud, The Descartes Systems Group Inc., Problem Solutions, LLC, Reflexis Systems, Inc. and StayLinked Corporation.
- Savanna powers the data analytics and visualization behind some of Zebra’s Enterprise Asset Intelligence (EAI) solutions including:
- Asset Visibility Service (AVS)/Operational Visibility Service (OVS) gives customers and partners important insights and visibility into the health, usage and performance of their Zebra devices to help optimize business operations.
- SmartLens for Retail turns an entire store into a “smart store” that automatically senses and records the location and movement of virtually everything in the store, allowing data to become actionable intelligence.
- SmartPack Trailer creates the most intelligent loading environments in the world by providing real-time visibility into loading processes to increase efficiency, allowing support for higher delivery volumes.