Amazon’s Prime Day Biggest Day Ever
The second annual Prime Day was the biggest day ever for Amazon. Amazon today announced customer orders surpassed Prime Day 2015 by more than 60 percent worldwide and more than 50 percent in the United States. It was also the biggest day ever for Amazon devices globally and record Prime Day for each Amazon device category including Fire TV, Fire tablets, Kindle e-readers and Alexa-enabled devices. The Fire TV Stick was its best-selling device. More than one million pair of shoes were purchased.
“After yesterday’s results, we’ll definitely be doing this again,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President, Amazon Prime.
A few other highlights:
- Sold over 2.5x more Amazon Fire TV devices compared to Prime Day last year.
- More than two million toys and more than one million pair of shoes were purchased by customers on Prime Day 2016.
- More than 90,000 TVs were purchased on Prime Day 2016.
- Hundreds of thousands of Kindle e-readers sold on Prime Day.
- Prime member orders on the Amazon app surpassed Prime Day 2015 mobile app orders by more than 2x.
- More than a million customers used the Amazon app for the first time on Prime Day to shop and to watch-a-deal.
- The Prime Photos sweepstakes had two million submissions worldwide during the lead-up to Prime Day, the winner will be randomly selected on or aboutJuly 14.
Prime Day 2016 highlights from the U.S.:
- Amazon devices were up over 3x compared to Prime Day last year.
- Biggest day ever for Amazon Echo – up over 2.5x compared to previous record day.
- The most popular Amazon Dash Button brands purchased on Prime Day were Cascade, Charmin and Tide.
- Members purchased over 215,000 Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cookers.
- Members purchased over 200,000 headphones.
- Members purchased over 24,000 Double Hammocks by Vivere.
- Members purchased over 23,000 iRobot Roomba 614 Vacuum Cleaning Robots.
- Members purchased over 14,000 Lenovo laptops.
- Members purchased on average one Alexa-exclusive deal per second during Prime Day using their voice.
- Prime members had exclusive access to deals on top rated TV series and blockbuster movies to rent or purchase and instantly stream on the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online – the top three Prime Day deal titles purchased or rented were: Deadpool, Kung Fu Panda 3 and 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.
- The most selected Audible audiobook on Prime Day was A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1.