DSW has released its three-year strategic priorities designed to leverage its unique business model to unlock long-term value. In addition, the retailer also unveiled its new corporate name ― Designer Brands Inc. ― which supports its vision for the future and reflects its experience building brands and delivering differentiated experiences.
"The long-term plan represents a new chapter for our company as we take greater control of our destiny in today's changing retail landscape,” said Roger Rawlins, CEO, Designer Brands. “Over the next three years and beyond, we will leverage our integrated enterprise to continue delivering differentiated products and experiences while significantly expanding our gross margin by bringing the production of our private brands in-house through our industry-leading Camuto Group and increasing the sales penetration of all of our produced brands across our retail channels."
Designer Brands' strategic priorities over the next three years include:
- Leverage DSW's loyalty expertise and infrastructure to launch a new loyalty program for The Shoe Company
- Leverage DSW's digital expertise and infrastructure to meaningfully increase digital sales penetration for The Shoe Company and Camuto Group's direct-to-consumer business
- Optimize inventory management, including pursuing cross-border and inter-segment opportunities
- Expand services including DSW's partnership with the W Nail Bar, as well as custom insoles, shoe repair and shoe concierge
- Enhance and build upon DSW's award-winning VIP loyalty program with new features
- Grow its kids business
- Build exclusive brands and products for DSW and The Shoe Company through Camuto Group's design and sourcing capabilities
"With DSW's world-class omnichannel capabilities and loyal customer base, combined with Camuto Group's leading design and sourcing capabilities and The Shoe Company's powerful last-mile solution, Designer Brands has a strong platform to grow and lead the footwear market," said Rawlins. "We look forward to continuing to drive innovation and increase market share.”