Honeywell Launches New Products
Honeywell announced its latest technology breakthroughs to help drive efficiency across supply chain operations. The new technology, announced during the Honeywell LIVE: The Future of Supply Chain, Today online broadcast event, range from a revolutionary 3-D dimensioning system that automatically captures the volume of parcels to connected solutions that boost the productivity of workers in brick-and-mortar retail stores.
New products and solutions announced include:
- AutoCubeTM, a 3-D depth sensing technology, instantly and automatically captures the volume of an object with extreme precision – to eliminate time-consuming and error-prone manual measurements. The cost-effective dimensioning solution allows customers to capture more revenue, reduce bottlenecks and shipping errors and optimize storage space and workflows.
- · Connected Retail Solution combines software and mobile devices to bring distribution center operational excellence to brick-and-mortar retail stores to enhance worker productivity, increase profitability and lead to better customer satisfaction. Retailers can better direct their store associates to improve speed and accuracy for fulfilling orders and completing routine store tasks.
- Operational AcuityTM, combined with Honeywell Vocollect voice technology, is a software suite that uses data collection, aggregation and predictive modeling techniques to show operations managers exactly how their distribution centers are operating and how best to improve them.
- XenonTM 1902g wireless battery-free scanner, a 2D area-imager, makes wireless scanning more convenient with fast, ready-to-scan charging in less than 15 seconds. The new lightweight scanner eliminates the need for replacement lithium-ion batteries and reduces the amount of heavy metals sent to landfills.
- CK75 handheld computer, an ultra-rugged, lightweight device, is optimized for demanding warehouse, distribution center and manufacturing environments. The CK75 can also be equipped with a heater offering so that it can be used in cold storage and freezers. Customers can choose between Windows® Embedded Handheld 6.5 and Android™ 6 operating systems on a single device.
- CN75 handheld computer is designed for courier express, parcel and mobile workers to function for long periods of time even in the most challenging weather conditions. The CN75 mobile device also offers operating system flexibility to support complex applications and high-speed wireless communications for real-time data reporting in the field.
The company also showcased how it is advancing cloud-based mobile solutions on its Movilizer platform. Solutions from Movilizer, which Honeywell acquired in 2016, are used by mobile workers performing field service, maintenance, sales and distribution activities. The Movilizer technology handles more than 1.5 million transactions each day. Honeywell is leveraging its cloud technology to deliver turnkey mobile apps that partners can customize and a development platform on which companies can build their own apps.