Hughes AIOps Self-Healing WAN Solution Now Available

Press enter to search
Close search
Open Menu

Hughes AIOps Self-Healing WAN Solution Now Available

09/16/2020

Hughes Network Systems’ artificial intelligence for IT operations (AIOps) solution for enterprise wide area networks (WANs) is now commercially available.

Integrated into the company’s HughesON Managed Network Services, the technology is designed to automatically predict and preempt — or “self-heal” — undesirable network behavior. This is said to prevent service-disrupting symptoms in 70% of cases.

The Hughes AIOps feature is driven by machine learning models that absorb and contextualize petabytes of proprietary network data. It can detect deviations in key metrics against an evolving network baseline, incorporated from the nearly quarter-million North American enterprise sites under Hughes’ management. AIOps then assesses the risk-reward of potential corrective actions, autonomously takes appropriate measures, and tracks performance.

Benefits can also extend to shortened triage time for help-desk incidents; proactive detection of site, vendor and geographic network anomalies; and prescriptive corrective recommendations.

“The Hughes AIOps innovation targets WAN edge systems, such as routers, SD-WAN devices and firewalls, because a failure in those systems can be catastrophic for a site and cost hours of network downtime,” noted Dan Rasmussen, Hughes senior VP. “We estimate that the 70% success rate for autonomous correction across the sites under our management has saved approximately 1,750 hours of network downtime in the first seven months of use. In the other 30% of cases, the system provided early diagnoses of potential hardware failure or chronic site issues so they could be addressed preemptively.”

Learn more how data and analytics can power better decision making at Analytics Unite! 

More on Artificial Intelligence

Kroger has teamed up with a visual artificial intelligence company to redefine its customer experience. Learn about the technolgy it plans to deploy at 2,500 stores across the country.

Cuddle's AI-powered, voice-enabled business analytics platform automatically detects patterns in enterprise data and alerts users on what they need to know before asking.

Ulta Beauty posted record e-commerce growth and launched new digital technology, including a new chatbot, service-booking tool, and updated GLAMlab capabilities in its Q2. Learn how Ulta is meeting the needs of beauty shoppers during the health crisis.