Retail’s 10 Most Influential People for 2018
Retail is transforming at breakneck speed and retailers need the advice and council of key industry leaders now more than ever. Where can they turn for guidance?
For its annual list of Top 100 Retail Influencers, Vend used social influencer tools such as Buzzsumo, Klear, and Klout to identify notable analysts, consultants, and journalists in the retail industry. Vend examined each nominee to determine how influential they are in the retail community by reading their articles, checking out their speaking engagements, and examining their presence in retail events and publications.
The final product is a who’s who list of retail personalities including RIS’ own editorial director Joe Skorupa, who came in the top half of the ranking. Other notable entries on the list include: Cathy Hotka, Sucharita Mulpuru, Greg Buzek, Nikki Baird, Paula Rosenblum, Leslie Hand, Greg Girard and Kevin Sterneckert.
Below is a quick look at the top 10 influencers from Vend’s list including links to their twitter feed so you can contact and follow them. The entire list is available here.
- Matthew Shay. Shay is president and CEO of the National Retail Federation. As the head of the world’s largest retail trade association he has the power to influence solution providers and retailers alike and is constantly quoted by the national news media. @nrfnews
- Deborah Weinswig. Weinswig is the managing director of the Fung Global Retail & Technology. She is responsible for building the team’s research capabilities and providing insights into the disruptive technologies reshaping the global retail landscape. She travels the world to meet with high-level executives and is a frequent speaker at prestigious industry events. @debweinswig
- Nicole Reyhle. Reyhle is the founder, publisher and editor of Retail Minded Magazine. She founded Retail Minded more than a decade ago to support independent retail businesses find success in their various small business goals and since then has published over a thousand retail focused articles in an effort to help small businesses thrive. @RetailMinded
- Bob Phibbs. Phibbs is the CEO of the Retail Doctor and a professional speaker on retail sales, training and marketing. He is a frequent source on marketing and branding for MSNBC, Fox and others. @TheRetailDoctor
- Doug Stephens. Stephens is the founder and president of Retail Prophet, a specialty advisory services company to the retail industry. He is a leading retail industry futurist and an in-demand retail speaker. @RetailProphet
- Helen Dickinson. Dickinson is the chief executive of the British Retail Consortium, a UK trade association that represents all forms of retailers from small, independently owned stores to big chain stores and department stores. She is responsible for the strategic direction and performance of the BRC. @the_brc
- Neil Saunders. Saunders is managing director of GlobalData Retail. He works with retailers and those connected to the industry to help them make informed commercial decisions based on a thorough understanding of the market and its future direction. @NeilRetail
- Scott Galloway. Galloway is a clinical professor of marketing at NYU Stern School of Business and the founder of L2, a research firm focused on helping brands shape their digital roadmap and achieve greater ROI on human, creative and financial capital. @profgalloway
- Jeff Roster. Roster is the VP of retail strategy at IHL Group, a global research and advisory firm for the retail and hospitality industries. He is focused on the business drivers impacting the retail industry and the technologies being created to solve them. @JeffPR
- Alan Hawkins. Hawkins is the CEO of the British Independent Retailers Association, a 118-year-old trade associate that caters to independent retailers across all retail segments. The organization works with over 6,500 independent businesses of all sizes, and Hawkins strives to make every member to feel supported, informed and inspired. @biraofficial