In the blink of an eye, retail has changed forever.
As COVID-19 has spread across the globe, retailers have been forced to explore untested business models just to keep operating in a new, restrictive reality. Even for an industry accustomed to disruption, the widespread shuttering of doors has been like a kick in the teeth to some.
But retailers are resilient. They’ve found new ways to survive — and in some cases even thrive — during this unprecedented crisis. They’re brushing themselves off, adopting new SOPs, and deploying tech on the fly to ensure customers can still purchase the goods they need.
- When this crisis is behind us and everyone has a chance to breathe, where will retailers begin to invest?
- What tech will they deploy to shore up holes in their supply chains, demand prediction and emergency response?
- What’s the No. 1 issue facing many retailers right now when using data in their recovery plans?
- What’s the future for live-streaming video shopping or other emerging CX technologies?
- How can artificial intelligence help retailers move forward in a unified manner?
The full transcript is below, as well as the slides from the presentation.