Zebra Technologies Corporation has unveiled the MP7000 multi-plane 1D/2D imager for grocers, discount chains and warehouse clubs to accelerate checkout lines. Zebra also introduced the DataCapture DNA software suite of productivity, management, application development and visibility tools and utilities. DataCapture DNA works with Zebra handheld, fixed-mount and companion scanners, as well as the new MP7000 to simplify device integration, deployment and management - helping businesses and PartnerConnect channel partners realize enhanced benefits from their technology investments.
KEY FACTS – MP7000
- The DataCapture DNA-enhanced MP7000 builds off its MP6000 predecessor by adding new technology innovations including:
- Image capture capability for cashiers to easily capture receipts, utility bills or items not on file
- An intelligent illumination system which, on average, consumes up to 60% less power than competitive devices, helping to reduce the total cost of ownership (TCO) and energy use while supporting corporate green initiatives
- Integrated horizontal and vertical scale platter which increases the active surface area for easy, accurate weighing of large items, helping reduce revenue loss from inaccurate weighing of oversized items
- Fewer components, no moving parts and an upper housing that can be removed without tools, making it significantly easier and more cost-effective to service or upgrade with optional features such as a customer side scanner which allows shoppers to simultaneously scan mobile coupons, loyalty cards and impulse buys without slowing down the checkout transaction.
- Zebra’s scanning technology enables the MP7000 scanner scale to quickly capture virtually any printed or electronic barcode in any condition – including Digimarc-enhanced product packages, reducing the time shoppers spend in line.
KEY FACTS – DATACAPTURE DNA
- DataCapture DNA is a set of unique software tools and utilities that enhances the scanning experience for customers utilizing and channel partners reselling Zebra data capture devices.
- Manageability tools like 123Scan and Remote Management simplify the configuration, monitoring and upgrades for a single device or an enterprise-wide fleet of Zebra data capture devices, helping to reduce the TCO.
- DataCapture DNA enables Zebra data capture solutions to consistently operate at peak performance for maximum productivity.
- A suite of software tools decreases development time across all major operating systems, allowing IT teams to more quickly and easily integrate Zebra data capture devices into their business operations.